For those who don’t know what are bamboo pillows, they are actually pillowcases made from derived bamboo and stuffed with memory foam. The memory foam used in most of the pillowcases is shredded or shredded blend. The reason the memory foam is shredded is that it provides a softer and pliable feel to help adjust a variety of sleep positions. Being naturally very soft, they provide comfort to the back and neck, resulting in a great night’s sleep for people with these issues.
How To Wash a Bamboo Pillow
Bamboo pillows can be washed using a machine or can be hand-washed. Both ways, you need to be very gentle and careful. The rinsing and drying part is also very essential and must be done correctly. Let’s see how to wash the bamboo pillows.
1. Neatly remove the pillowcase from the pillow. First things first; read any special instructions given about washing and cleaning on the tag of the pillow.
2. Add it to your delicate load of laundry. You can also add it with other bedsheets and pillow covers. Make sure you do not overload your machine as bamboo pillowcases need a gentle wash.
3. Then turn your machine button to gentle wash or delicate wash. Choose a gentle laundry detergent. You can use organic detergent or even kids’ laundry detergent. Harsh detergents have a higher dose of chemicals and can damage the pillowcase.
4. Next, choose the delicate cycle for washing. If your machine has a pre-soak option, you can use that too. But soaking it for more than 7-10 minutes is not advisable.
5. Lastly, choose the appropriate water temperature. In most machines, there is a cool, medium, or warm wash option. Using too cold water or hot water can damage the fabric of the pillowcase. So, according to the options available, choose the one that is lukewarm. The same applies to dry. Use low heat to dry the pillowcase.
When drying in a machine, use the low heat option for 10 minutes. Conversely, you can remove the pillowcase from the load and dry it with your hairdryer on a cool setting. Or, you can also air-dry it in indirect sun.
1. Fill up a tub with lukewarm water. Maintain the temperature; not too hot, not too cold.
2. Soak your pillow (pillowcase and foam together) in the lukewarm water. Hold it for few seconds in the water for it to be soaked completely. Do not overload it with too much water otherwise, it won’t get cleaned thoroughly.
3. Pour a gentle laundry detergent directly on the pillow as you. hold it into water. You can use organic detergent or even kids’ laundry detergent. Harsh detergents have a higher dose of chemicals and can damage the pillowcase.
4. Rub the pillow together with gentle movements. Drown the pillow in water, then remove and rub. Repeat this process until you have covered all sides of the pillow.
5. Drain all the water if using a sink or remove all the water from the tub. Squeeze pillow till most of the water is cleared away. It’s important to remove excess water and soap. Twisting the pillow can affect the quality of the foam inside. However, you can twist it a little.
6. Once again, repeat the process of soaking pillow in clean water and rinsing it. Once all the soap is eliminated, you can dry the pillow in a dryer on a gentle cycle for 10-15 minutes. Likewise, you can also sundry the pillow on a clothesline. Harsh sun or direct sun can be harmful to your pillow. So hang it when the sun is not directly over the pillow.
The Bamboo Bazaar is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
Privacy & Cookies Policy
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.