Are you thinking about upgrading and moving to a new apartment? While we are sure that you have planned and thought a lot about how to decorate and design your new place, sometimes in the hustle and rush of making a move, people can forget some of the most basic requirements. So, if you are moving to a new place, then you should check out this amazing checklist of basic essentials that you must have. Have a look:
A well-equipped kitchen is essential for the functioning of any home. There are a lot of essential items that you will need to complete the kitchen and get your new apartment working and flowing. Here are some essential items you need to remember:
- A refrigerator to properly store the food;
- A microwave to warm up the food;
- A high-tech new gas grill for the win;
- Basic kitchen furniture like bar stools, a dining table and chairs;
- Some pantry essentials like sugar, salt, flour, condiments and spices;
- A complete set of dishes and glasses;
- The essential pots and pans for cooking;
- Some essential kitchen appliances like a blender, toaster and food processor;
- Some miscellaneous kitchen items like aluminum foil, dish towels, measuring cups, spatulas and prongs;
- And some basic groceries to get you started.
Another super important part of a home that people forget about when they are moving in is the bathroom. You wouldn’t want to be stuck in a bathroom without any toilet paper, right? You would be surprised about how often this happens when people move to new apartments. There is a lot of other stuff you have to bring along to a new apartment so, here is a list of all the essential items you need to bring for the bathroom of your new apartment:
- Toilet paper;
- A plunger, trash can and a toilet scrubber;
- Hand soap, shampoo, conditioner and lotions etc.;
- A Shower curtain;
- Toothpaste and a new toothbrush;
- A shaving or grooming kit;
- And some scented candles and bath essentials.
You should also add the essential items for the bedroom to your new apartment checklist. Of course, you aren’t going to forget the larger items like the actual bed, but there are a lot of other smaller items that are necessary for a comfortable and well-organized bedroom. Following is a list of some items you should add to your new apartment checklist for the bedroom:
- Of course a bed frame and a mattress;
- A couple of side stands and lamps;
- A dresser to store clothes;
- Coat hangers and other storage essentials for the closet;
- A full-length mirror or a dressing table;
- Curtains for the windows;
- A laundry hamper;
- Extra bed sheets and pillow covers;
- A cozy blanket or a comforter (as per your choice).
A major part of maintaining any home or apartment is keeping it clean. This is an essential set of items that a lot of people forget about and then they have to run to the market at the last minute. You would have to clean up the apartment before you can start furnishing it if it has remained closed for a while. Even if you don’t have to clean up the first day, you will need some cleaning supplies later. So, here is a list of some basic cleaning essentials that should be on your checklist:
- A Vacuum cleaner;
- Multi-surface cleaning spray and some cleaning towels;
- Floor cleaning solution;
- A mop and bucket;
- A cleaning broom and dust pan;
- A washing machine, laundry detergent and fabric softener;
- And an air freshener.
Though half of the things have been covered in this list, there are still some very important items for a well-functioning home that aren’t on this list yet. We have classified these items as miscellaneous as they don’t fall into a certain category. Remember to take these items with you to your new apartment for a comfortable living environment. Mentioned below is the list for these miscellaneous items:
- A flashlight and some extra batteries for the smoke detectors;
- A good quality internet router for the Wi-Fi connection;
- Some basic office supplies;
- Some light bulbs to install in the new apartment;
- An iron and ironing board;
- A first aid kit with bandages and basic meds to ensure safety;
- Some mosquito traps to get rid of those annoying pests. Here is a link if you want to check out the best ones: https://www.pestwiki.com/best-mosquito-trap/;
- Reusable water bottles;
- And trash cans for every room along with trash bags.
A Well-Equipped Toolkit
When you move into a new apartment, one of the most important things you will need is a tool kit, yet this is an essential item that people forget about most of the time. They only realize that they need one when they are about to hang a painting on the wall or assemble a bed or other furniture. You should make sure that you take a well-equipped tool kit with you to the new apartment so that you can fix small problems and make repairs on your own if needed. Here are some essential items that should be a part of your toolkit:
- A hammer and some nails to hang paintings;
- Some wall hooks;
- A drill and some screws to mount the TV screen on the wall;
- A basic set of screwdrivers and pliers to assemble furniture;
- And some basic plumbing tools to fix any small problems.
Living Room Essentials
Now that almost all of the parts of the home are covered, you should think about the living room as well. The living room is a very important part of any apartment or home. There are a lot of basic items that are essential to create a well-furnished, elegant and comfortable living room. Here is a list of some of the most important items that you should take for the living room:
- A comfy couch for sitting;
- Some armchairs;
- A coffee table;
- Floor lamps to light up the place;
- A smart TV and cable box or a streaming device for entertainment;
- Some elegant house plants;
- Some basic storage solutions like elegant baskets;
- And some elegant throw pillows and blankets to place on the couch.
This checklist has helped me a lot throughout my life. I hope it helps you as well. Stay safe!
About the Author:
Cora James is a blogger who loves to write about home improvement as well as its maintenance. She is an extrovert, believes in creativity and loves to re-model almost everything! You can read more about her posts at https://www.pestwiki.com/category/blog/.